Monday, October 19, 2009

Photoshop, not photography?

do you think photoshop and pc editing is destroying the skills of photography or do you think it is only about the end product of the image and it dont matter how you get it?



Photoshop, not photography?aurora



I like to sit and watch TV on occasion. I enjoy what I'm seeing and hearing. But I don't give a rats behind how the image is transmitted and converted etc etc. All I care about is the fact that it happens and I can enjoy it.



I think all of these 'older' photographers need to get over themselves, quite frankly. As a pro photographer, my clients don't care how I create my images, they only care whether I can give them what they're after. And to be honest, the less time spent on setting up lighting etc for the shoot, the less they have to spend on my time. Where it would take 20 minutes to set up a rig and then pull it all down again, I can create the same image - if not better - with some photoshop adjustments in 2 minutes. Why spend that extra time?



Photoshop, not photography?download



I think to some degree it is hurting the skills, but so are these mega pixel point and shoot cameras. You can use a Photoshop like program to fix most of your errors.



It was fun, but a lot of works to play with a photo in a darkroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment