Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?

I am involved in a class project where we are reading 3rd century CE manuscripts. The one we are reading has palimpsest, or underlying text that was later written over. Are there any techniques I could use in Photoshop to make this faded text stand out in comparison to the top layer of text? I've heard of X-Ray like effects as well as something mocking ultraviolet light, but am not sure how to do either.



Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?bmw



You could try to up the contrast, or sharpen the image. Or change the levels by making the dark areas stand out?



Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?free adware remover



Greetings! I have been a graphic designer for over 25 years, and specialize in working with photoshop.



I also am a calligrapher who had studied the history of the Bible and the various "hands," or styles of calligraphy used by scribes. The uncial hand would have been used during the time period you refer to.



I am very interested in helping you, however we would need to communicate more directly, and possibly be able to exchange a digital file of what you need help with. If you are interested, please contact me through the contact capability of this site. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment