Sunday, October 4, 2009

Photoshop 4.0, Why is my text always capitalized in every font?

I was adding some text to a layered image. I switched fonts %26 now the text is all in capitals. No matter what font I select, it is always capital letters that appear! I do not have my "caps lock" key depressed on my keyboard.



I did check on Microsoft Word, just to make sure that the keyboard keys weren't jammed. It works fine in Word, I can get both lower case %26 upper case in different fonts.



I dumped the layered image I was working on. Closed Photoshop, rebooted my computer %26 started again. Still it's stuck giving me only capitalized letters on every font. This has me baffled since I've successfully made logos %26 such with both images %26 fonts (layered compositions) many times before %26 never had this problem.



What did I miss or maybe,what have I broken?



Thanks for your help!



xoxo, badassartgirl



Photoshop 4.0, Why is my text always capitalized in every font?computer protection



Ok I may have a solution! Photoshop gives you the option to make your text all caps, so you've probably got that option selected. Make sure All Caps is not selected on the character palette menu. See below for a screen shot of where to find this menu:



http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Meli...



Photoshop 4.0, Why is my text always capitalized in every font?free antivirus download



sounds odd,



refers to preferences, try holding Alt-Ctrl-Shift at startup



http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Grap...



http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshoot...



could be a bad default preference, verify any new plugins, and disable,



check other preferences, reset defaults if any,



can only suggest without re-installing photoshop,clean out old temp folder(s), old downloaded installer folder, and browser cache, run scandisk error checker, and run defragmenter and analyze drives,



...

No comments:

Post a Comment